Visa for Belgium
Information on the GDPR
- Where, when and how can you submit your visa application?
- How much is the handling fee (cost for processing your visa application)?
- Required documents
- Checking the status of your visa application
- Schengen representation for visa
- Medical certificate - Certified doctor (not applicable for short stay Schengen visas)
- Certificate of non-criminal record (only applicable for long stay visa - type D)
- DNA blood sample collection fee (Kampala)
The Belgian Visa Application Center (TLScontact) in Kampala is responsible for the receipt of physical visa applications (for travels to Belgium and Luxembourg only).
TLS is located on Ground Floor Block A Victoria Courts, Old Kira Road, Bukoto, Kampala.
To view fees, requirements and to book a slot to submit a visa application at TLS, please visit: https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/visa/ug/ugKLA2be/home
You can contact TLS via: email@example.com or +256202409940
Somali Family reunion visa applications
Since 1st January 2019, all Somali visa applicants wishing to apply for family reunion with a family member (a refugee or a person with subsidiary protection in Belgium) will have to submit their visa applications in Nairobi (Kenya)! This is irrespective of your own personal status (refugee, resident etc) in Uganda. Details on the visa procedure in Nairobi can be found on the website of the Embassy of Belgium in Kenya via https://kenya.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/travel-to-belgium/visa/kenya
To ensure the rapid introduction of your visa file during your visit to the Belgian Visa Application Center (TLS) in Bukoto, we invite you to fill out your visa application form online.
VISA ON WEB SYSTEM
How to proceed ?
- Go to the following website: https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be
- Create a user account by completing all the fields (first name, last name, email), choose the language of your choice, tick the box 'I am not a robot' and follow the instructions;
- Choose a password (and confirm it) to access this secure site;
- Once the user account is created and the password confirmed, log in to navigate this secure site (which starts with a screen and a welcome note);
- Check the left column (in the black margin) and click on the third icon;
- By clicking on the third icon, you will have the choice between 'Requests', 'New request' and 'Request list', click on 'New request';
- By clicking on 'New application', the online visa application form (which corresponds to the paper form) appears;
- Fill out the online form, making sure to fill in all the fields (including those marked with an asterisk) and clicking on the question mark if you do not understand the scope of the field to be completed.
- When the form is completed, click on 'submit application';
- If the form is incorrectly completed, an explanation at the top of the form will draw your attention to incomplete or incomplete entries that you will need to fill in again; Once the corrections have been made, please resubmit the application;
- When the application has been submitted you will receive a pdf form with a barcode and VOW number on it (VOWINT0 ... 111") by email. Please print the completed form and sign it. This form must then be added to the visa application file that you will submit at the Belgian Visa Application Center (TLS) in Bukoto. You will need to make an appointment for this via: https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/procedure/ug/ugKLA2be
Please check the website https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/application-fees/ug/ugKLA2be for details.
The handling fee is not refundable in case of refusal or cancellation of the application.
Please check this website for details. https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/procedure/ug/ugKLA2be
Biometry - Visa Information System
All Schengen visa applicants must appear in person at the Belgian Visa Application Center (TLS) in Bukoto, except for children younger than 12, to have their 10 fingerprints and their photograph registered. These data are stored for 5 years in the VIS. The fingerprint registration procedure only takes a few minutes and identifies you with certainty as the sole licensee of the visa. It protects you against falsification or abuse of your identity (for instance, if your passport is stolen) and optimizes the border crossing. For more extensive information, we refer you to the European Union website.
Medical travel insurance: see this document
Information on Legalisation procedure: see Legalisation of documents
Belgian embassies and consulates general must submit certain visa applications to the Immigration Office of the Federal Public Service Home Affairs for a final decision. It is the only competent authority with regards to the admittance, stay, residence and removal of foreigners from Belgian territory.
In such a case, your file number will be communicated to you by the embassy or consulate general upon the submission of your file to the Immigration Office. From this stage onwards, the Immigration Office is the only authority to contact, if you wish to know the status of your application.
With the file number you can inquire about the status of your application (Antwerpsesteenweg 59B, 1000 Brussels, T: +32.2.793.80.00, firstname.lastname@example.org). Using this number, you can also check the status of your visa application on the Immigration Office website.
Belgium represents Luxembourg for handling short stay visa applications (max. 90 days) and long stay visa applications (more than 90 days).
We accept visa applications from residents and citizens of South Sudan if their main destination is Belgium or Luxembourg.
To obtain a medical certificate, the Embassy works exclusively with The Clinic (The Village Mall – Bugolobi).
The costs of this process will be borne by the applicant. For more information about the costs, please contact The Clinic directly.
The Clinic at the The Village Mall - Bugolobi
9.00AM to 6.30 PM –Monday-Friday
9.00AM to 2.30 PM –Saturday
Nandawula Kanyerezi Mutema M.D
Executive Director & Physician
Email for appointment: email@example.com
Cell: +256 775 386 205
Office: +256 392 177283
National Central Bureau of Interpol Kampala
Plot 12 Mabua Road – Kololo
Should you still have questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention your visa application number).
DNA blood sample collection fee payment at the Embassy in Kampala is 50.000/- Uganda Shillings per person (this is separate from the DNA test payments made by the family member in Belgium).
Please make the necessary arrangement to cover this costs prior to coming to the embassy for your DNA appointment. An official receipt will be issued at the end of the process at the Embassy by the medical practitioner.