Administrative support is only rendered to Belgian citizens who have been registered in the consular population register following the entry into force of the consular code on 15/06/2014.
From 01/12/2020, the Embassy Belgium in Kampala offers you the option to register yourself online in the consular population registers.
How to register (e-Consul)?
You have access to this website (https://econsul.diplomatie.be/) if you:
- are Belgian;
- are not or no longer registered at a Belgian commune, because you informed the commune about your departure abroad;
- are in the possession of a valid activated Belgian eID;
- know your PIN-code and have a card reader;
Having your name registered in the population register kept by a Belgian consulate abroad entitles you to benefit from the same services as those provided by municipal authorities in Belgium, i.e. the management of your administrative file.
Registering allows the consulate to assist you more efficiently when issuing an identity card, issuing consular certificates (e.g. residence certificates, registration certificates, certificates of nationality, 'household composition' certificates, cohabitation etc.).
You may also participate in some elections in Belgium (federal general elections and European elections).
Foreign nationals who are part of your family may also be entered in the relevant population registers. However, registration does not entitle them to obtain an identity card or a passport, nor does it give them the right to be registered as a Belgian voter. If they require consular assistance, they should contact the office representing their country of origin.
By keeping your file up to date you will enable the embassy or consulate to help you more immediately, including in situations when you need emergency humanitarian aid (e.g. accidents, natural disasters, evacuations, and so on).
For more information: see this page.
How to register via email
Kindly email the following documents to the Embassy:
- Completed and signed registration form (1 per family member, the form for minors needs to be signed by both parents and accompanied by a copy of their passport or ID document) – see forms
- Model 8 form from your commune/gemeente (if you moved from Belgium).
- Copy of the passports/ID cards of all family members.
- Copy of your Uganda residence permit/ long term visa.
- Completed registration form for future elections – see forms